Efteling Park closes until 14 January
On Saturday 18 December, the Dutch government announced a hard lockdown in the Netherlands. This lockdown will start on Sunday 19 December until at least 14 January 2022. This means that, for example, restaurant establishments, non-essential shops and venues open to the public must close.
This means that:
- The theme park will remain closed until at least 14 January 2022.
- Holiday Village Efteling Bosrijk will remain partially open, the Efteling Hotel and Holiday Village Efteling Loonsche Land will close until at least 14 January 2022.
- All stays during the time that the park is closed will be cancelled. Guests can make a new reservation for the houses in Efteling Bosrijk without visiting the park.
- The Badhuys (indoor splash pool in Efteling Bosrijk) will remain closed until at least 14 January 2022.
- The CARO theatre show will not be performed until 14 January 2022.
We understand this decision and of course we are taking our responsibility.
Over the past few months we have worked hard to offer our guests a safe day out.We have worked with a COVID passport at the entrance, crowd control and various measures to facilitate the social distance rule of 1.5 meters. In addition, the Efteling Park covers some 65 hectares and only 11% of it is built on. So most of it is in the open air.
Every closure is a setback for all of us in the entire sector, just as it is to other industries.
Our focus now is on informing our employees and guests.