Relaxation of social distancing rules from 25 September
On Tuesday 14 September, the Dutch government announced that as of Saturday 25 September, the 1.5 metre social distancing rule will cease to apply in the Netherlands.
- This is good news for Efteling because it means that we are no longer restricted in the number of guests we can welcome at one time.
- We will slowly build up the maximum capacity, so that guests and employees can get used to the new situation.
- Our attractions, catering and theatre can return to full capacity. The roller coaster trains, for instance, will be filled to capacity again.
- For venues that are open to the public such as the Efteling, it is not necessary to show a COVID passport at the main entrance.
- At a number of our (indoor) catering locations, the Efteling Theatre and our event locations, we are required to ask guests from 13 years of age for a COVID passport (proof of vaccination; negative test result taken within 24 hours; or having had Covid in the last six months).
Reservations and time slots
- Visitors with a separate ticket must still make a reservation for a time slot. This ensures better flow at the main entrance. The government's advice is still to keep your distance.
- Annual Pass holders and employees do not need to make a reservation or time slot.
Guests are requested to follow the travel and safety instructions of their country of residence before planning their visit.
If they are in the theme park or our overnight accommodations, the measures of the official regional authorities apply.